Firesinging

Thank you received:
Zemph posted on: 30 Oct 2017 14:23
Any ETA on this? :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you received:
Mindgem answered: 30 Oct 2017 19:38
No ETA is known. Chatted with team Firesinging last weekend and they are working on decompiling different sources and going through chat logs and saved content.
 The following user(s) said Thank You: Bajista, FireSinger

Thank you received:
FireSinger answered: 03 Nov 2017 18:07
We are working on this, but cannot give an ETA yet for public. Should have a demo ready again for some streaming soon and first release xliveless code we use now on Github.

We started working from the project that was posted on Github when Kisonik was working on it. After Mindgem was disallowed on Celeste we received chatlogs and additional information and moved Firesinging also to SuperSocket (https://supersocket.codeplex.com/).
 The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPSIHO13, Bajista, Toberu

Thank you received:
FireSinger answered: 10 Nov 2017 12:04
We have setup a development blog at https://firesinging.github.io/ . Project updates will be posted at that link. We won't be using the account on this site anymore for this purpose.

Be sure to also check out the project development page. If you have knowledge of C# who knows you might be able to help and share workload (the reason in the first place to make development open source).
 The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPSIHO13, mindgem, Bajista, Zemph, leonendn, NewInsight

Thank you received:
Zemph answered: 13 Nov 2017 02:05
Hey, I followed the instructions on how to play with your github... no luck... keeps wanting to sign into GFWL or if I launch from Sparta it says "You do not have permission to run the game. Check the Parental Control settings in the Windows Game Explorer." None of those exist in Windows 8.1... lol. And my account does have permission.

Thank you received:
Mindgem answered: 13 Nov 2017 07:56

Zemph wrote: Hey, I followed the instructions on how to play with your github... no luck... keeps wanting to sign into GFWL or if I launch from Sparta it says "You do not have permission to run the game. Check the Parental Control settings in the Windows Game Explorer." None of those exist in Windows 8.1... lol. And my account does have permission.

It's not a full working solution yet. They need to release the server emulation still also in order to make things work.
 The following user(s) said Thank You: krawk, NewInsight

Thank you received:
Frans answered: 12 Dec 2017 00:22
What is the point of this if there is already a working server?

Thank you received:
Mindgem answered: 12 Dec 2017 07:46
Depending on what you want to do with it, but for offline play it means you don't depend on a server so you can play all around the world without the worry of internet connection. Also you don't need to worry about loosing progress again if / when servers are taken offline or one gets banned.

And I think it will be possible that you decide on how to play the game. So LOS or no-LOS, custom content and so on.

If it is achieved to make it a server version one could setup an own server and play with just friends and control the server vibe themselves.

Thank you received:
Frans answered: 18 Dec 2017 19:12
What I mean is, why make this since there is Celeste? This feels like a Pepsi/Coca-Cola scenario to me.

Thank you received:
Mindgem answered: 18 Dec 2017 19:43
The one should be offline focused and the other online focused. All in all... gives the most of us a choice.

If you ask about the Firesinging team motivation, you should contact them.

Thank you received:
NewInsight answered: 29 Mar 2018 16:22
Any news on this?

Thank you received:
Mindgem answered: 29 Mar 2018 20:20

NewInsight wrote: Any news on this?

It is undergoing. I'm helping them with the gear levels in XML. I will contact them by e-mail if they can post an update.

Thank you received:
Mindgem answered: 04 Apr 2018 18:40
The project posted an update. Added it also at https://aoeo4ever.net/news/open-source-version/quest-rewards.html